Network manager in linpus died (not only wifi!)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bobert, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bobert

Bobert

Hello, i have an Aspire one 8gig SSD with linux and all of the sudden,the aspire one freeze,so i reboot it. Once i reboot it, the wireless stopped working.

I still have the wireless light and i can slide it to On or Off still,but it dont find a network anymore. I go in Setting to setup the network (in the setting menu) and when i click on it
    nothing work beside a small loading icon beside my mouse arrow (that load for half a second,and nothing pop)

I rebooted the aspire one serval time with no result,same problem occure, i have orange light for the wifi but i dont have the wifi icon in the task bar,i dont even have the small computer with a X to show that theres no network.

Edit : In my system info i can still see the wifi card being detected.

Bobert, Jul 30, 2008
  2. Bobert

Bobert

Re: Wifi Stopped working..!

Update : its not only the wifi! i tried to plug a lan cable in it with no results, seem like the linpus network manager totaly died.

Bobert, Jul 30, 2008
  3. Bobert

Pede

I have the same problem. After filling in the key for the wifi network the icon doesn't show anymore. The WIFI LED works OK. eth0 doesn't work either.

Pede, Jul 31, 2008
  4. Bobert

ndb

Same problem here. It connected irst time I booted for 5 seconds and then black screen and died. Now network manager will not open.

Update: Now fixed by re-installing using the recovery disc :cool:

ndb, Aug 1, 2008
  5. Bobert

Macedon

Nobody gave an solution for this problem?

It has been 10 minutes since i turned on my AA1 for the first time, and the same problem showed up as the problem these guys above have...Can anyone give the solution to this problem? I am losing my temper and I waited for this "little guy" for a month.

Regards.

Edit: If I don't solve this problem within 4 hours from now, back it goes to the store. I don't have time for this things...

Macedon, Aug 1, 2008
  6. Bobert

drvolk

If you have the possibility to connect your netbook with ethernet cable to the router then try a "Live-Update" first.
    I had also some problems with the netbook but after installing the Live-Update everything was ok, so maybe it also solves your network problems too.

drvolk, Aug 1, 2008
  7. Bobert

Macedon

Actually, my personal opinion is that the Live-Update did this problem because it asked me to install the updates, and after finishing, rebooted. When it got up again, the problem showed up.

So I think that the update made the problem.

Someone in other thread mentioned that the Recovery disc didn't help him also...Is the any chance for "System restore" or anything that will turn back before the update!?

P.S. If someone can just confirm that this is a sowtware problem so I can turn on to Win XP and not getting any more nervous by this Linpus...

Macedon, Aug 1, 2008
  8. Bobert

Davidcowling

ohnoes! macedonians!!!! *runs away

but seriously, if you are considering winxp, then you really should think about using a 1.8" hdd replacement for your ssd.

Davidcowling, Aug 1, 2008
  9. Bobert

Macedon

You think it would not be so good like this?

Macedon, Aug 1, 2008
  10. Bobert

Macedon

Ok I've just made a recovery with the Recovery DVD and seems like the problem is solved, I am typing from my tiny lap top right now :)

But still I have an intention to turn to Win XP, thanks to the tutorials on this forum.

Macedon, Aug 1, 2008
  11. Bobert

tekkie

tekkie, Aug 1, 2008
Ask a Question