Network file tranfer dies on me...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by neopath, Aug 8, 2009.

1. neopath

neopath

... and it's driving me mad. I've installed win7 RTM on both my desktop and My Aspire One (AOA110) and every time I try to transfer a bunch of files from one to the other the transfer just stops. The AA1 lose it's wireless connexion so I have to disconnect/reconnect which seems to somehow fix the connexion until the next time I try to transfer some files.

So, my question to those who have installed win7 on their AOA110, which atheros driver do you use? I've tried a couple. The XP one on the official drivers site (I'm a bit desperate), the one in the first message in the "Windows 7 drivers" thread in these forums... I tried uninstalling all the drivers and let 7 use the one on Windows update... nothing works.. always the same problem. I'm this close to reinstalling XP on the damn thing. Any suggestions?

neopath, Aug 8, 2009
  2. neopath

jackluo923

The netbook has problems with the wifi in XP/Vista/7. It doesn't matter which OS you use.
    The newest driver from Windows Update is probably the best i've used.

jackluo923, Aug 11, 2009
Ask a Question