Network Center missing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by skro1652, Sep 14, 2008.

1. skro1652

skro1652

Normally when I turn on my machine, the network center comes up in the tray, picks up my wireless and then connects. Today I turned on the machine and the network center didn't come up at all. I tried going going into my settings and opening it from there, but I get no response when clicking on the icon. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

skro1652, Sep 14, 2008
  2. skro1652

jolly

My mother's machine had this same problem. Randomly it was gone. When I tried to "tech support" it over the phone she also could not open her Network Center icon (linux linpus lite)

Acer tech support said the os needed to be reloaded. I had her send it back to Acer to let them do it, for free, of course.

Don't know if it happened in conjunction with bios updates or her fiddling with it, or the cat jumping over the moon, or what.

jolly, Sep 15, 2008
  3. skro1652

miketurley

I had the same problem after having the AA1 for about a week - for no reason that I could think of. I took it to the tech support folks in PC World - they had no explanation. They did a total restore from the disc supplied and I've had no problem since! Try it - you've nothing to lose - as long as you don't want an explanation as to why it happened ........... but that's the story with this little machine!

miketurley, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question