Network Attached Storage?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by GearZ, Jun 1, 2016.

1. GearZ

GearZ

Hello all. I recently ordered a network attached storage device for the office. I am starting with a 2TB drive and will likely add a second one for redundancy soon.

Anyone else running a NAS device? What type? How has it worked out for you? Thanks for sharing. :)

GearZ, Jun 1, 2016
  2. GearZ

GearZ

For whatever it is worth, I ended up going with a Synology NAS that looks like this:

[​IMG]

I've been very pleased with it thus far. All of the devices on the network (PCs, Macs, etc.) can share the storage and tools.

GearZ, Jun 12, 2016
  3. GearZ

rz3300

We are actually looking for something like this for the company right now and this might be something we can look into, so thank you for that @GearZ - I know that they were thinking about contacting some other company to see what they offer, but if we can manage to have a little device share all the files on the system then that might just be easier. It is funny dealing with people who are so weary of online storage, so I think that this might ease some of their fears.

rz3300, Jun 12, 2016
  4. GearZ

GearZ

Another option you might consider is QNAP. They make some pretty high-end NAS devices. It was "overkill" for our needs,so we went with the Synology, but still it is something to consider.

GearZ, Jun 18, 2016
Ask a Question