Netflix 8152 Error on Acer AspireOne Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by osxtothez, Apr 22, 2010.

1. osxtothez

osxtothez

Looking for a fix for the Netflix 8152 Error on AspireOne D-250 hackintosh. I've tried all of the googled findings at insanelymac and nothing works. The problem occurs when you try to use Silverlight installed to play Netflix watch instantly feature. I believe the problem to be due to the internal ethernet not working (which has never been an issue for me because I just use wifi) But Netflix seems to check that your internal ethernet works and is assigned to en0. Anybody out there willing to help figure this out. much appreciated.

osxtothez, Apr 22, 2010
  2. osxtothez

osxtothez

Workaround Found!!! here's what I did to get around the Netflix DRM 8152 Error. I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a Acer Aspire One D-250. After much researching and trying edits to com.appleboot.plist and adding strings. Nothing worked. I believe this is due to not having a working onboard ethernet so you can't have internal ethernet set to en0 because the system doesn't see any ethernet even available. Having an onboard ethernet set to en0 is needed for Netflix watch instantly feature to work correctly (don't now why its part of the system checks that it preforms). After realizing that this was the main stumbling block I thought about just running VMware fusion and watching from the Windows Virtual Machine. (which could also work) but I thought man that's a hassle just for Netflix. If only I could trick Netflix into thinking my netbook was a PC. AH HA!! not my netbook but maybe JUST MY BROWSER! I've done that before for other sites that didn't like my be it firefox or safari. Change the User Agent to a PC browser version. If your on Mac version of Safari just go here http://www.onedigitallife.com/2005/08/0 ... ser-agent/ and follow instructions and then under the Develop menu set your User Agent to a Firefox Windows version. I used Firefox 3.53 Windows. If your using Mac version of Firefox/mozilla/Seamonkey. Go here and follow these instructions http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

FYI choosing an IE version won't work since you still need Active X support.

osxtothez, Apr 23, 2010
Ask a Question