Netbooks Sales Driving Linux Adoption

Discussion in 'Linux' started by info, Jan 8, 2009.

1. info

info

2. info

Jaycb

I totally agree with this. I've now rejuvenated an old desktop PC by scrapping Win XP off it and putting on Xubuntu. The machine feels much snappier and the XFCE environment is familiar having used the AAO for a while. I will shortly be adding puppy-linux to an old laptop that seems to work well with it as a live CD, and I'm certain the boot time will be slashed from what it is when running XP.
    There's still a long way to go but it's progress.
    I'm amazed Microsoft hasn't developed its own Linux distro to mop up the non-windows market.

Jaycb, Jan 8, 2009
  3. info

Japser

Japser, Jan 8, 2009
  4. info

rz3300

Well I cannot really put a cause and effect up here but I certainly notice that Linux is growing a lot in popularity. I think that all it really takes is an ease for the consumer to be able to use it, and we are getting that. It makes sense though, and I am actually excited for my Linux class that I have coming up here to learn a little more. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 26, 2016
  5. info

SirJoe

It's good to see that Microsoft isn't monopolizing the computer market anymore and that we actually have alternatives. There is still a long way to go but it's already a good start.

SirJoe, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question