Netbook screen goes black randomly

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by rdelgado, Aug 19, 2008.

1. rdelgado

AlexHa

Hi guys as you can see from above I was suffering from this problem - it was mostly happening when the battery hit about 30-40%

Last night I installed the full version of kpowersave following the instructions in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3760

and it looks like it might have fixed this issue! No random black screens!

If anyone else trys this fix let me know if it works

AlexHa, Jan 29, 2009
  2. rdelgado

acajano

Dear all,
    I tried with Kpowersave and unfortunately I could not resolve the problem. Still black screen when around 35% of battery. Problem happens less often than before, but it is still there :(
    Best regards
    Alex

acajano, Mar 15, 2009
  3. rdelgado

fsapo

I have the same issue, Windows XP with lastest updates, lastest bios 3301 I think (or something like it), disabled the webcam as sugested in some posts, but the screen just got blank on me for the third time today, running on batteries with 70% charge level.

I just close the lid and open it again and everything is back to where it were, but this thing is really pissing me off.

Has anyone contacted Acer about this asking for solution? I don´t want to send it back for the warranty, I spent a lot of time installing and configuring everything, I took a lot of time just to remove the crapware that came installed with it before even installing anything!

It seems to be a software problem, maybe with the video driver, it´s very weird for it to come back to life after just closing and re-opening the lid.

fsapo, Mar 16, 2009
  4. rdelgado

IslandBookworm

I just started having this problem. I'll be in the middle of surfing and the screen just goes blank. Power and HD lights on, closing the lid doesn't put it to sleep, I have to hard-power-off. This happens even when the battery is fully charged. It might well be overheating, as some have suggested, since I often have it on my lap on a blanket or pillow like I'm not supposed to! My bad. Unfortunately it's out of warranty, so if I want it fixed it's my dime. :S

IslandBookworm, Jun 10, 2009
  5. rdelgado

Kerwin

Kerwin, Jul 28, 2009
Ask a Question