Netbook case

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by yfan, Mar 1, 2009.

1. yfan

yfan

yfan, Mar 1, 2009
  2. yfan

creepinchi

I was looking around for a sleeve and couldn't find one that had the right dimensions and was aesthetically pleasing to me.

I saw a targus model at best buy and even though I didn't really like the way it looked I gave it a try. It fit perfectly and feels nice too. Although it isn't the coolest looking sleeve I'm glad I bought it.

Here's a picture and description of what I have:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8049005675

creepinchi, Mar 2, 2009
  3. yfan

dragion

Try this one...fits like a glove!

[​IMG]

I paid $30.00 at local Microcenter, but can be found for under $25.00 online.

From Case Logic website:
    http://www.caselogic.com/7_10_laptop_sl ... lid=126781

Form fitting neoprene material stretches to accommodate 7-10" ultra-portable PCs (see internal dimensions below)
    Sueded internal lining and durable neoprene cushion and protect your computer
    Zippered Power Pocket® stores your power adapter and other accessories
    Dedicated pocket in accessory compartment stores your USB drive, keeping it safe and readily accessible
    Slimline design protects laptop on its own or in your favorite bag
    Asymmetrical zipper provides easy access to your laptop
    Fabric: Neoprene
    Size: 11.25" x 8" x 1.75"
    Fits laptops: 10.5" x 7.5" x 1.5"
    Weight: 9 oz
    Warranty: 25 Years

I hope this helps.

dragion, Mar 2, 2009
  4. yfan

jychow

jychow, Mar 3, 2009
  5. yfan

Plastikman

I have seen that one on ebay. while it looks nice, it looks like after you put that on, just setting it on a desk will starve it for air. also it does not offer it much protection. especially in a bag, backpack or briefcase. in fact, it will probbably collect crap in it and the buisness card/sdhc holders might eventually rub marks into the finish.

I'll totaly ignore the fact it is for the 8.5 and not the 10.1...

but yes, you are right, while i think it is a poor design, it does have a sexy buissiness look to it...

Plastikman, Mar 3, 2009
  6. yfan

yfan

hey guys just a quick heads up, I found a nice black case at my local Circuit city that was closing down. It's a Verge brand that meant for a portable DVD player but fits the Netbook perfectly. It even has some pockets inside along the lining if you want to store a flash drive or some headphones. No slot for the charger though, but hey, at 7hours battery life, who cares....

yfan, Mar 4, 2009
  7. yfan

jychow

thanks for the heads up. It looks nice and professional.... but leather... hmmm ;) I am a sucker for leather.

Anyway, for USD65, I am still thinking... :mrgreen:

jychow, Mar 4, 2009
  8. yfan

stepppy

I bought one of these off Ebay, but it wasn't leather, just a nasty vinyl.

Also the fit was so tight I thought that it would mark the case when taking it out and putting it in over time, also it is VERY bulky and the catch was weak.

I am still trying to find the perect case in the UK. I want one that has carry handles and the option of a shoulder strap if I need it.

stepppy, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question