Need to get how recording through microphone works

Discussion in 'Linux' started by NetbookD250, Jun 28, 2011.

1. NetbookD250

NetbookD250

I have made several recordings now. But I know too little what to expect.
    I have a AOD250 and have looked on the support.acer.com but did not find enough info there.

I know that it has Realtec so maybe I have to look at their site? I've tested with three different FET Microphones
    and all of them seems to get too low output for the jack to the left side of the computer.

I've searched the internet but are not good at it. What is the spec for that input? What level is needed to get to the 100% level and max signal to noise.

Now the ratio are so bad that one have to talk very close to the mic to get usable sound.

The recorder I use is a Puppy Linux thing so most likely not known. I will ask the Dev more about it.

What other recorders are there that have some kind of info on the signal to noise them have.
    I need to test others to get a hang on if this recorder program is set up in a way that makes it very noisy or
    if it is the input stage of D250 that require a very high output mic?

Speed Link SL-8707 and a Head set Media Tech MT 363 and a Creative headset don't know model number.
    Speed Link SL-8707 has these specifications 100Hz to 16KHz Sensitivity -38dB and S/N Ratio is >60dB
    which to me is rather good. Not sure about the Sensitivity -38dB is that too low output? What should one
    expect that Acer D250 using RealTech Chips and drivers for Linux? What is needed to make decent recordings?

All of them gave same output level and only differed in the bass region. Speed Link SL-8707 greater bass.

Could it be that if one have a 16 bit that the signal noise goes down so much that it is only usable for narrow band of dynamics? It will only get the talk and skip whisper level?

NetbookD250, Jun 28, 2011
Ask a Question