Need Some Clarification - Windows XP Partition

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Brian10161, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Brian10161

Brian10161

I can't seem to get this sorted. I purchased the Windows XP version and obviously I didn't get any recovery media as everyone else has posted about. Now I read somewhere that Acer is creating the discs and they should be available soon and Acer will send them to us free of charge. Is this the case?

If not, that's pretty pathetic considering I'll have to pay twice for the same thing. So all I'm asking is whats the deal? I've registered my Acer and it's within the warranty period as I just purchased it this past Friday. So I figure I'm at least entitled to the discs.

Thanks guys :)

Brian10161, Oct 13, 2008
  2. Brian10161

nchntr

Plug in an external DVD Burner, then the ACER software will let you make recovery Disks. (There is a 4gig FAT (Hidden) partition on the drive with all the restore files. (At least there is on my 120g/XP)

nchntr, Oct 13, 2008
  3. Brian10161

Brian10161

Yeh, theres a 4gb partition on mine too. I've just read on here that this option doesn't work for everyone. If you can show me that it does work, I would be inclined to go out and purchase a drive. I don't currently have one.

Brian10161, Oct 13, 2008
  4. Brian10161

Brian10161

I found a drive enclosure at a local retailer for $25 CAD so I'm just going to get that because I know it will be worth it to have for my EeePC and my One. I already have a DVD drive handy, so it's definitely not a waste.

Won't be for a little while though, everything's closed today and tomorrow and Wednesday I'm out of town for work.

I would still like to hear back from someone who has done this. Just to know if it will work.

Brian10161, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question