Need laptop recommendations for a STEM student

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Nintenfoxy1983, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Nintenfoxy1983

Nintenfoxy1983

I will mostly be using it for college assignments and want to continue using it for as long as it can continue to work. Im not a gamer. I want it to have a good battery life and be capable of running Solidworks, Maya, and an IDE or two and have many Chrome tabs open. Preferably under $1000, max $1200

Nintenfoxy1983, Dec 15, 2021
  2. Nintenfoxy1983

Shweta Singh

Ideally, you'd choose a laptop that can serve you well for all four years of college. That can definitely be more challenging for majors that require heftier computing requirements, like majors in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Ultimately, the MacBook Pro is the go-to product for students who want to use their computers for computer science classes, mainly because MacBook Pro is more powerful. The integrated graphics card is better, and the MacBook Pro also gives user options to install i7 CPU as well as an AMD discrete graphics card.

Shweta Singh, Dec 27, 2021
Ask a Question