Need "How to use Backtrack 3 Wireless with WPA"

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by zappa-the-doodle, Sep 27, 2008.

1. zappa-the-doodle

zappa-the-doodle

I have successfully installed Backtrack 3 to a USB stick, and also to the HD of my AA1. However, I can't seem to do encrypted wireless networking under Backtrack 3, i.e., WPA, WPA2, as the KDE WPA module never successfully loads. I can see unencrypted networks, but can't connect to encrypted networks using WPAx, because WPA doesn't seem to be a happening thing.

I have scoured the web looking for solutions for 2 weeks, and tried many "solutions," without success.

Please do not post an "answer" unless you are using BT3 on an AA1, and can connect using WPA. If you are doing that, I'd love to know how!!! Details would be great.

I'm using a 1570 AA1, 160 gig HD, 1 gig RAM, dual-booting the installed version of XP, and Backtrack 3.

Thank you!

zappa-the-doodle, Sep 27, 2008
  2. zappa-the-doodle

almostadmin

Have you looked up how to use WPA-supplicant? I have not found an easy graphical way of making WPA work with backtrack. I use nothing but backtrack on my Acer, and have no problems connecting to WPA networks. I can send you a module if you want. all you would need to do is edit the config file for your network.

almostadmin, Sep 28, 2008
  3. zappa-the-doodle

jedidomer

Hi there, i'm interested in this module and howto, im fairly new to BT3, and just got my Aspire One yesterday too. I was having problems with WPA as well and couldnt seem to figure out wpa_supplicant

Any help would be appreciated, you can PM me

jedidomer, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question