NEED help with solderless touchscreen

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by bozzie123, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bozzie123

bozzie123

I followed a guide on youtube and also the one that comes with it, i managed to fit the touchscreen, i then copied the drivers from disk on to my usb but it says that there is no touchscreen plugged in, its not finding it, ive tried everything i can think of, when installing it i left out the two USB expansion ports because i had nothing to plug into them, dunno if that would make a difference, can anyone help ? let me know if you need anymore info

bozzie123, Apr 24, 2009
  2. bozzie123

jerryt

Look in the "Device manager" for any new devices.

If the TS controller is not being found by the operating system, wire the controller to a standard USB cable and plug in to one of the external USB ports.

Most likely reason for it not being found is incorrect wiring. Most controller are not wired 5v, D-, D+, Gnd, which would be the standard.

jerryt, Apr 24, 2009
  3. bozzie123

ogwolf13

Make sure you are using 3.3v power and not 5v, if you use 5v only the usb hub gets powered and not the ts controller. The touchscreen controller needs 3.3v to operate on the Solderless kit from Hoda. The controller board has 2 lights, 1 for power and 1 that lights when you touch the screen. If you didn't follow the directions exactly by using the webcam input then you may run into this problem. Good luck.

PS: The self made cable won't work here since the solderless touchscreen controller won't register if using standard USB 5v power

ogwolf13, Apr 26, 2009
Ask a Question