Need Help. USB Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by W4RMachin3, Dec 15, 2008.

1. W4RMachin3

W4RMachin3

The USB ports on my AA1 150Ab have stopped working. The Thunar file manager no longer opens a browser window when flash drives are hotplugged.
    "lsusb" shows the drives are present. "dmesg" shows "over-current change" errors for the entire usb hub. I think the sd card slots are also affected by this as browser windows no longer appear when these are inserted.
    What's worse, the boot from USB device options are gone from the F12 boot option screen which buggers any chance of flashing new bios or recovering linux.

Can any pro's out there help us out.

W4RMachin3, Dec 15, 2008
  2. W4RMachin3

penandpaper

when you go into your device manager do you see any problems with your USB ports? if you see an exclamation mark that could be a problem. you might try to manually "remove" the usb drivers and re-install them.

if there are no exclamation marks then your usb ports could be faulty/dead, caused maybe static charge. i had one laptop where my usb ports died because of static discharge.

penandpaper, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question