Need help upgrading my laptop!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Meow MeowMerrs, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Meow MeowMerrs

Meow MeowMerrs

I just recently got a Envy 17 Notebook PC with Windows 7 and I wanted to turn it into a gaming laptop. I wanted to upgrade the core processors, RAM, and maybe get some other upgrades that would make the computer run faster and better. I know practically nothing on how to upgrade computer so I'm in need of help. Could I upgrade the core processors into dual processors? or do I need to upgrade a lot of other stuff and program. I also need advice on what's a good upgrade for RAM. What kind? How many GB's? or a good company? I was also wondering on if I would need to do anything else to the computer or if I could just upgrade the RAM by itself.. All help is appreciated! Thanks!

(Also some suggestions for graphics cards please!)

Meow MeowMerrs, Aug 20, 2014
  2. Meow MeowMerrs

ntesla

I hate to break it to you, but laptops are integrated systems, not like desktops. You can upgrade ram and drivers, but that is about it. As a rule, the more ram the better, but be aware that all computers have a limit. Looks yours up, and go for the maximum amount.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    ntesla, Sep 4, 2014
Ask a Question