Need help running a 1024x768 display

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cynsis, Nov 3, 2009.

1. cynsis

cynsis

I was doing some searching online and in this forum, and need help with this issue. I am running both xp and windows 7 on a AA1 d250 and trying to run a program that needs at least 1024x700 to run it. Now from what i seen, you can run them compressed, however I have no idea how to attain that feature on my netbook. In Xp i can run that display minus compressed and in 7 i can only run 1024x 600 at best. I see this A1ct thing but does it let me run it in compressed mode?

cynsis, Nov 3, 2009
  2. cynsis

ltdanman44

http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/

find and download this file and place into windows/system directory "MSCOMCTL.OCX"

been running great for about a week now love it. please note using this driver slows down the machine slightly as the video gets processed by the intel driver then processed by this custom driver. if your running video applications its best to use the standard 1024x600..but for applications and some games it works great

ltdanman44, Jan 10, 2010
  3. cynsis

CZroe

I use PowerStrip to create a 1024x768 desktop that I can pan around in with my mouse pointer.

Edit: I see that a1ctl supports the same thing but there is no way to switch with a keyboard toggle (Powerstrip can). Also, I noticed that there is no way to use that feature without it messing with my fan speed on my AOA 110 ZG5. No matter what I do, I can't get it to use the default, assumedly safe, settings. No matter what settings, as soon as I exit the app, my fan speed speeds up or changes, indicating that the app was affecting behavior even when I don't want it to.

CZroe, Feb 17, 2010
Ask a Question