Need Help in returning Netbook for repair

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by PatteB, Mar 30, 2010.

1. PatteB

PatteB

After two months of numerous messages back and forth with a different tech person each time....I am attempting to get the shipping information to send my 150 Aspire One for service. I am aware that it is not under warranty...... had to fill out the credit info three times before the technician got it back..now we seem to be starting out all over again. All I want is their packing instructions and address to send it to....and possibly authorization.

Has anyone else figured out how to deal with this. It should be so simple to assign one techie to each query instead of going through the process with 20 people. ( Do they just not understand English, or what?) Any suggestions, I really must love the little guy ( to quote another devotee) to go through this! PatteB

PatteB, Mar 30, 2010
  2. PatteB

Swarvey Moderator

Hi, although I don't have the information you're asking for, I have some other info that will hopefully make the whole process a little smoother.

If I were you I'd be ringing their support crew. But before paying for anything, just make sure that they know for sure that your AAO is going back for service, just get the tech support crew to check up the details of the job. One would expect there to be something along the lines of an RMA number, or at least a reference number specifically for your machine, so they know why they're repairing it. You don't want to go getting the address details and sending your machine in, only to have them lose it cos they can't assign a job number to it.

While you've got a human on the phone, they should be able to tell you your reference number, and the address of your nearest service center to take / send the machine to.

Swarvey, Mar 30, 2010
Ask a Question