Need help--Aspire One 722 cannot get updates

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Rdl014, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Rdl014

Rdl014

I have an Acer Aspire One 722 and it cannot get updates for any Microsoft products. When checking for Windows Updates, it just keeps checking for hours and never finds any. Same with Microsoft Defender. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium as that is what it came with. Still cannot do updates. Can any help me with this problem? Thanks, Ray

Rdl014, Mar 30, 2016
  2. Rdl014

spence88

That's not a hardware problem, well as far as your laptop is concerned. That's probably a network or a software problem. This is actually a common problem. Unfortunately, there is no standard fix for that. I suggest you try taking a search with Google using these keywords -"Windows Vista/7/8 stuck checking updates", and start from there. Good luck! I also suggest you fix this as soon as possible because a bugged Windows update is a system hog and takes a lot of CPU resources. If you can't fix it, disable it so that it won't affect your system performance.

spence88, Mar 30, 2016
Ask a Question