need help!!! AA1 wont boot in regualr or safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows' started by madanomem, Dec 24, 2008.

1. madanomem

madanomem

sorry, im not very good with computers. my AA1 will not boot in safe or regular mode. when i try to boot in regular mode, it will run fine untill it gets to the screen that has the aspire one background. Once there, it will stay on this screen.( i kept it on for 20 min) when i try to boot in safe mode, it will get to the part where it has safe mode writen on both top and bottom, and the screen wil stay black. this all happened after i ran a virus scan and got rid of a virus, and then got rid of a few programs off of my start up bar. i remember removing quick time, winamp, msn messenger, and aim. does anyone know what i can do to fix this??? I am leaving on a trip to japan in 2 days, and i need to take my AA1 with me.

thanks,
    adam

madanomem, Dec 24, 2008
  2. madanomem

Photomonk

I am afraid you might have to do a complete system restore. I have seen threads in other sections on how to do this. You might want to look them up before you do it. It may have been the virus got to something crucial. All of this is speculative though. Good luck and let us know.

Photomonk, Dec 24, 2008
  3. madanomem

madanomem

i was able to fix my problem. i used the acer restore thingy that is sealed in part of the hard drive. i booted up the computer and right when it turned on i kept pressing alt+fn10 and it took me to the acer restore screen. I am very happy!

madanomem, Dec 25, 2008
Ask a Question