Need a very simple text editor with html highlighting

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Hodge, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Hodge

Hodge

Hello there, I need your help.

Working on a mac I use text wrangler to make lovely, lovely things in HTML and other such internet languages and I'm looking for something very similar for use on my Linux based Acer Aspire One. At the moment I have Bluefish installed but it seems a bit over crowded for use on a smaller screen. So really all I need is something that will give me a lot of space to see what I'm working on and something that will have all the tags and whatnot nicely highlighted.

Any info would be cool. Thanks

Hodge, Nov 24, 2008
  2. Hodge

Issue313

Yeah, something like BBedit would really be the secks

Issue313, Nov 24, 2008
  3. Hodge

hal0gen

hal0gen, Nov 24, 2008
  4. Hodge

daldred

Amazing; in reply to a post in the Linux area you get recommendations for editors running under OSX and Windows!

Previous threads on this forum have suggested (depending on what exact features you want), Bluefish and Geany as HTML editors. Bluefish, as you have seen, is more focussed on web editing but takes up more space, Geany is a lightweight text editor which has loads of syntax highlighting options (so is also useful for shell scripting, perl, php, you name it!). IIRC both are in the standard repos, so will be available in the add/remove software program.

daldred, Nov 24, 2008
  5. Hodge

Hodge

Thanks for the reply. I just installed Geany and it looks like it might do the job nicely. Cheers

Hodge, Nov 24, 2008
Ask a Question