Need a suggestion for buying new laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by namikazeminato, Aug 7, 2021.

1. namikazeminato

namikazeminato

Hi. I am planning to buy new laptop. Need some suggestions from you guys.

Here is some details:
    1. Can be used for multi - tasking (open several words file, excel, pdf, google meet at same time) without lagging

2. use SSD with capacity 256 GB or more

3. I plan to use video editing software like camtasia and playing game like Minecraft

4. Budget: if possible, around $700. If not, around $1000

5. My preference is towards ASUS but I am willing to consider other brands

6. Most of the time I will use it at workplace so portable laptop is not really my top priority (but I am open to that option as long it meets criteria 1 to 4)

7. Screen size maybe around 14 - 15 inch

8. Since I don't really need to travel a lot, for battery life maybe only need a decent one, around 3 - 4 hours

9. OS: windows

Other information (not sure it is helpful): I am using ASUS Vivobook A442U right now

Thank you guys

namikazeminato, Aug 7, 2021
  2. namikazeminato

jaksonlee

i think if you looking for buying new laptop choose ASUS becase i belive on this or go with lggram which is also good . choice is your

jaksonlee, Aug 26, 2021
  3. namikazeminato

Shweta Singh

I think if you looking for buying a new laptop choose ASUS because I believe in this or with LG Gram which is also good.
    These are the most important things to consider when choosing a new laptop. For a lot more detail, see the sections below.
    • 12.5 to 14-inch screens offer the best balance between usability and portability. Larger screens are fine if you don't travel much and smaller models are great for kids.
    • If you're spending over $600, shoot for these minimum specs: Core i5 or Ryzen 5 CPU 1920 x 1080 screen 8GB of RAM and SSD Storage instead of a hard drive.
    • 8 hours of battery life is ideal if you plan to take your laptop anywhere at all.
    • .Chromebooks are good for kids, but Windows or macOS is better for everyone else
    • Get a 2-in-1 only if you need a touch screen.

Shweta Singh, Sep 23, 2021
Ask a Question