Need a quick answer about external power if possible...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Eosblue, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Eosblue

Eosblue

I'm off on a trip to Florida in the morning and wondered IF I could use an external DC power charger that I have while flying. It's a plugin "cigarette" type DC power with a output of 19 volts and 3.5 amps. The bottom of my Acer indicates that it takes 19 volts and 1.58 amps. If I were to plugin this unit with 3.5 amps, would it hurt or do any damage to my Acer? I would ONLY need this charger inflight so it would get very limited usage.

Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Eosblue, Jan 18, 2010
  2. Eosblue

melhiore

It will work. This 3.5amp is maximum that charger can give you. Acer needs only about 2 so it's OK. Remember only to check if power connector has right size and positive and negative are in right order (positive inside plug)...

melhiore, Jan 18, 2010
  3. Eosblue

Eosblue

The external DC power plug I have is "'ringed" in red. I'm thinking perhaps that means it's positive outside the plug. Is there any way to tell if that's true? From your warning, I haven't worked up my nerve to try it yet. Don't want to toast my Acer.

Eosblue, Feb 2, 2010
Ask a Question