Need a favor from someone PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 54patman, Jan 9, 2009.

1. 54patman

54patman

Ok this is what I did:

I played around with OSX and screw up my whole drive. I wiped out the recovery partition, but just before I did that I burn the recovery DVD and made a back up of my disk using the Acer tool.

I was able to partition the disk into one big drive and format it with a Windows XP cd and the ran the restore DVD and magically it’s back. But when I run the recovery application it says my system does not support D2D recovery. I made sure D2D was enabled in the bios so the problem has to be with the missing hidden partition.

I got Acer Empowering Framework 2.3.2023 to install and from a copy of the Acer eRecovery 2.0.3001 folder before I formatted I get the app to come up but this version does not have the restore from back up. When I try to install Acer eRecovery 2.0.2024 it says it says my system does not support D2D recovery and I can not get it to install so that I can restore my real system back up.

What I need is someone to just install Acer eRecovery 2.0.2024, zip the directory and send me the zip file. It will be max 10 megs.

I have the files you need and can post them on my web space for you to download, just let me know.

Is there some kind soul out there that can help a miss guided newbie? :)

Thanks.

54patman, Jan 9, 2009
  2. 54patman

54patman

Come one, there has to be one kind soul out there. I know Christmas just passed but we’re all good hackers, eerrr I mean people!

54patman, Jan 9, 2009
  3. 54patman

jackluo923

There's recovery dvds availiable for download on demonoid. You can use them to recover your computer.

jackluo923, Jan 11, 2009
  4. 54patman

54patman

Thanks for the reply.

But it is not what I am looking for because I already have the recovery DVD and I have already recovered and restore to original settings. Except the recovery partition is gone and because of that I can not restore a back I made of my data.

So either some can pint me to a full disk image by like clonezilla or run the little process for me as described above.

Thanks

54patman, Jan 11, 2009
Ask a Question