Need a driver for Aspire One AOA150

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Vkec, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Vkec

Vkec

I need the a linux driver for the card readers since I installed ubuntu netbook remix on it and this is the only driver that i need. Does anyone know were I can find one? And one other question do all Aspire ones have the same card reader?

Vkec, Jul 14, 2009
  2. Vkec

DutchDK

Huh ? Jaunty Jackalope UNR works fine here with the cardreaders. Out of the box UNR needs a card in the cardreaders during boot, if you want them to work. Just add pciehp.pciehp_force=1 to the kernel line in Grub, to get rid of that requirement.

The cardreader drivers are included in the 2.6.28 kernel that the current version of UNR uses. If you on the other hand are thinking about the manner that the default Linpus installation utilizes the left cardreader, you need to set the aufs bindings up yourself in fstab. There are no special drivers needed.

DutchDK, Jul 14, 2009
  3. Vkec

Vkec

does that meant the command line? Because I tried that and it didn't work

Vkec, Jul 14, 2009
  4. Vkec

DutchDK

If I had said the command line, it would have meant the command line. I didn't say that, so thats not what it meant.
    I said you had to add it to the kernel line in grub :

You have to add it to the default options in your grub configuration, then run grub-update from the commandline.

Open a terminal
    change to the grub directory
    edit the menu.lst file (sudo nano menu.lst<enter>) and add "pciehp.pciehp_force=1" without the quotes to the existing entries in the default options line.
    save menu.lst
    update grub with the changes (sudo update-grub<enter>)
    reboot.

DutchDK, Jul 14, 2009
  5. Vkec

Vkec

How do you get in the grub directory didn't know how. And when I tried manually changing the main.lst file it wouldn't let me and I am knew to this so don't call me a complete idiot.

Vkec, Jul 15, 2009
  6. Vkec

convert

Only SD cards are recognized. How can I get xD cards recognized?

convert, Aug 2, 2009
Ask a Question