my order is in :)

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by KiNG, Aug 4, 2008.

1. KiNG

gbee

I placed my order with Play.com on the 3rd July for an 8Gb Blue (linux), within a day of them appearing on the site, even when they got stock yesterday I still wasn't one of the 30% who actually got one!

So if you have ordered from Play.com in the last couple of weeks then I wouldn't hold your breath. :(

I've just had to cancel my 2 month old pre-order with Expansys after they phoned, because although they had one in stock and reserved for me, I'd originally ordered white and they were charging more than Play. So I've gambled that Play will get more stock this side of Christmas .... lets hope that it wasn't a mistake.

gbee, Aug 8, 2008
  2. KiNG

Sid

Walk into PC World or Currys and ask them to price match, that way you get a One NOW :D

Sid, Aug 8, 2008
  3. KiNG

gbee

AFAIK PC World are only likely to price match on the present website price, which has gone up since I placed my order. Whether Play.com are even going to honour the original price is a gamble, but since they haven't said otherwise I'd be well within my rights to complain since I've missed opportunities to buy elsewhere while waiting on them.

gbee, Aug 8, 2008
  4. KiNG

Donat

PC world only matches high street prices... (not the web) that was the rule when I worked there at least.

Donat, Aug 8, 2008
  5. KiNG

Sid

Yes I thought the same but there are forum members that say they got a price match to the web.

A friend of mine got their One at the same price as Play.com had it advertised (not the £199 price).

Worth asking.

Sid, Aug 8, 2008
  6. KiNG

Donat

yeah, definately worth a try, depends on the manager really.

Donat, Aug 9, 2008
  7. KiNG

KiNG

but i want the hd model :( which pcworld don't sell.

KiNG, Aug 10, 2008
  8. KiNG

Sid

YET.

I suppose the next thing you will tell me is you will be running XP. :shock:

Expansys and Laptops direct maybe?

Sid, Aug 10, 2008
  9. KiNG

gbee

Last I heard PC World will price match a fixed list of websites, mostly the bigger names like Dabs.com and probably Play.com.

All of which would be fine if those sites were regularly the cheapest, but certainly Dabs has steadily been getting more expensive relative to other online retailers. Even PC World Business (pcwb.co.uk) can be more competitive than Dabs :(

gbee, Aug 10, 2008
  10. KiNG

KiNG

yep to xp :p
    expansys and laptops direct no go

ive pre-ordered now with amazon

KiNG, Aug 10, 2008
  11. KiNG

lotus49

Me too. I ordered on the same day as you and my order status has changed to "Order taken" at the then price of £199.99 but I also was not one of the 30%. I could order somewhere else but I really like the idea of my new laptot being less than £200. It's not that the extra 30 odd quid really means that much to me but I am fed up of machines like the One being advertised initially at £x and then when they are released being considerably more expensive. Consequently I am holding out for my order from play.com unless it is clear I am going to have to wait substantially longer.

lotus49, Aug 11, 2008
  12. KiNG

procalli

Anyone had a despatch email from amazon? Mine is set for delivery tuesday but it still hasnt despatched and now the preorder date has gone from the 11th to out of stock to preorder 19th?

procalli, Aug 11, 2008
  13. KiNG

milesg

Same here, I have an amazon.co.uk pre-order; their estimated dispatch is tomorrow (13th), but they are now showing the 'release date' as the 18th so I don't think they have any stock in hand.

milesg, Aug 12, 2008
  14. KiNG

t4tank4

Add same issue hence I canceled my order with Amazon UK and gone through http://www.simplyacer.com. Should get mine tomorrow and will be able to testify whether they have stock indeed or whether they lied through their teeth, took my money and will ship my AA1 in months. They are still showing 10+ stock so far...

t4tank4, Aug 12, 2008
  15. KiNG

milesg

Let us know how you get on. I will probably cancel my order if there is no sign of despatch from amazon.co.uk tomorrow.

milesg, Aug 12, 2008
  16. KiNG

t4tank4

so far looks like it's just been shipped with parceline. Will post again when I get it.

t4tank4, Aug 12, 2008
  17. KiNG

milesg

Just cancelled my amazon.co.uk order and ordered from there as well. I paid for next day delivery and they were still claiming to have them in stock, so will see what turns up (or not!) in the next few days. Will cancel again if they have been stringing us along with the "in stock" status.

milesg, Aug 12, 2008
  18. KiNG

milesg

Looking good with simplyacer.com - I called them and they confirmed the order had been processed and will be dispatched by parceline today.

milesg, Aug 12, 2008
  19. KiNG

t4tank4

I can confirm I just received my blue AA1 from them just now. :D I love it already!

t4tank4, Aug 13, 2008
  20. KiNG

Arsey

I've put an order through for an 8GB SSD through Dabs. Are people receiving theirs from Dabs?

I've been browsing this forum for a while by the way and have signed up today, so Hi :)

Arsey, Aug 13, 2008
Ask a Question