my Nitro laptop will not hibernate nor sleep

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by midian36, Oct 21, 2020.

1. midian36

midian36

I bought this laptop brand new about 2 months ago. At random times (usually the most inconvenient) my laptop will immediately wake up after being put in sleep/hibernate. If I shutdown everything is fine but I do a lot of time-sensitive work and am all over the internet and am on the go a lot so shutting down is very inconvenient and time consuming. I have gone through and checked drivers and everything is up to date. I have tried changing power settings for my kb and mouse but there is no way for me to do this-at least that I know of because their is no power settings in properties under device manager-and I know if I put my laptop to sleep both can wake up laptop. I always use power button to wake from hibernation. I have tweaked my power settings and this still randomly happens. I ran a powercfg command and it said no devices are set to wake my laptop which is weird because I know this is not true.

I also randomly get blue screen of death saying there was an error and laptop must restart but never tells me what that error is. This has happened only twice in the 2 months I have had this laptop. I wonder if these two issues are hand-in-hand.

midian36, Oct 21, 2020
Ask a Question