My new WD Elements USB HDD not recognised by 3 players

Discussion in 'Storage' started by mark perry, Aug 23, 2017.

1. mark perry

mark perry

1 TB external hdd
    2 weeks since purchase
    Has 10 gb mp4 YouTube videos

Computer. Windows 7 fine

BUT

- Panasonic blu ray recorder - first time plug in, gives me the "register USB " message, refuses to display the "play media" box (videos/mp3/photos)
    - Laser blu ray player - recognizes but does display the HDD so I can excess it, only the "playlist" folder
    -Laser stb-6000 (media player/tuner/no HDD)
    Has the ability to record to external drive or USB - doesn't show up and can't record when button pressed (and of course can't play files)

Have 2 older wd USB HDD externals, same type full of mp4s and data - totally the reverse: they work on all mentioned devices especially Panasonic: doesnt req register, play menu first time every time inserted.

This is 2 weeks from jbhifi. Emailed WD they blamed the Paint and the Lasers. Have explained multiple times, they haven't got the message.
    Are newer drives missing a particular driver that prompts the deviced to access and play them as although not been tech nerd thats the only conclusion I can draw.

Any advice

Mark Perry

mark perry, Aug 23, 2017
  2. mark perry

mark perry

I'm just fixing some typo errors...predictable smart phones

all players the WD is vibrating so it is running and connected

Panasonic, even going to the FUNCTION MENU and opening the MEDIA tile > select USB, gives the box "connected USB device cannot be communicated with. Pleas check USB device" message.

Laser blu ray, the WD does not show up in the "media centre" browser BUT a message on the front panel does display IN/OUT when done such connections are done.

Laser PVR, does not show up in the play files window

mark perry, Aug 23, 2017
Ask a Question