my networks said Limited or no Connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Alexander_5, May 12, 2009.

1. Alexander_5

Alexander_5

Hello!

I had a problem with the wireless connection, when I try to connect to a network appear a thing that said Limited or no connectivity...I don't know why?

I buy a router because I thought that networks have a problem but no because said the same thing...So I think that the computer have a problem, but I don't know if are the settings or what?

My computer is Acer Aspire One ZG5.
    Windows xp.

If you have a clue please let me know how I can fixed. Please.

Thanks.

Alexander_5, May 12, 2009
  2. Alexander_5

nmesisca

When you cannot get a DHCP address automatically from your router, your PC assigns a 'default' IP address. Whit this default IP you cannot connect to the internet because its on a different subnet from your router, and you get the popup that says you have limited or no connectivity.

You need to either:
    1- resolve the issue with the router, which will then successfully assign a DHCP address
    2- assign a static IP address to your PC (from the Network options under TCP/IP) in the same range as your router.

nmesisca, May 12, 2009
Ask a Question