My Keyboard Doesn't Work!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bluucrayonz, Jun 2, 2009.

1. bluucrayonz

bluucrayonz

Help please??

I just had this for a couple days.. Never dropped it or anything.. keyboard just stopped working. to makes things worst, I also have a pw lock on the hard drive.. does anybody know what I can do? i opened it up and check the ribbons on the keyboard and the connection.. its looks fine to me... :evil: :oops: :cry:

bluucrayonz, Jun 2, 2009
  2. bluucrayonz

mac734

My boss is also having the same exact problem. She was on a flight to CA and somehow the E key got stuck, then a few small windows appeared about some type of security setting to protect her documents (?) as she was using Word. She pressed cancel a few times to get out of them, and then her keyboard stopped working. The next day, I had her restart, open Notepad, and start typing, but it froze after a just a few words were typed. Caps lock didn't work, Fn, nothing. I thought maybe she had sticky keys activated, but it wasn't, and I had her deactivate the keyboard shortcut for it just in case (shift key). Device manager showed no errors--everything working normally. I walked her through updating the keyboard driver, but no updates were found. Even though it sounds like a hardware issue, I asked her to do a system restore just in case something got corrupted down the line. Didn't help.

Any suggestions? When she's back from her trip, I'll be able to take a closer look at it. I'll try to load Linux and see if the keyboard works on there. If it does, we know it's something with Windows and not a hardware issue. Should I try updating the bios or something? It's brand new, so if we have to send it back, so be it. Any help would be great though!

mac734, Jun 15, 2009
Ask a Question