My final noob question to make my AAO complete

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Extrastarka, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Hello!

Can you please write total code to let my kernel only recognize one cpu, please. I have written cpus=1 several times now.....

Thanks Ted

Extrastarka, Feb 7, 2009
  2. Extrastarka

robo

Huh?

Not sure what you are asking exactly. Are you having trouble editing your com.apple.Boot.plist file?

robo, Feb 7, 2009
  3. Extrastarka

Guest Guest

You can edit the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and add cpus=1 in kernel flags. So you no need anymore to write at boot prompt.
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>cpus=1</string>
    Good luck

Guest, Feb 7, 2009
  4. Extrastarka

jonflaire

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10197&hilit=iatkos+5i

"When your Mac OS X desktop is up and running, launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type "sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" (without quotes), then press [RETURN]. You'll be asked for your password: type it in and press [RETURN]. You won't see your password while you're typing it, and the cursor won't move. This is normal behavior to prevent other people from seeing it. Move the cursor down until you reach "<key>Kernel Flags</key>", and type "cpus=1" (without quotes) between <string> and </string> just below. Press [CTRL]+[X], [Y] and [RETURN]. That'll prevent crashes at boot-time for good."

--SbM

jonflaire, Feb 8, 2009
  5. Extrastarka

Zetsubou

or you can install the voodoo kernel. Which is faster.

Zetsubou, Feb 8, 2009
Ask a Question