My desktop icons and background do not save

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Joe A, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Joe A

Joe A

hi there, i have followed online guides to bring up the advanced desktop to change my background. but whenever i restart my AA1 it returns to the default colours. my skype icon alse disappears after restart. when i edit the desktop script and restart again it is back there.
    help!

i think this should be in the linux based questions sorry.

Joe A, Feb 25, 2009
  2. Joe A

scheuergut

Hi JoeA

I'm new here... and i can't help you with this issue, because i'm facing the same problem! I have no problem with the desktop icons, but with my backgroundpicture. If i restart, the backgroundpicture is gone - just a blue color - and i have to "activate" it with Desktop Preferences: click off "show image", click it on, and there my pictures is again. But i would also really like to know what to do so it stays all the time. So, thanks for this posting! :mrgreen:

In my case (backgroundpicture), look here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11502&p=74959#p74959

scheuergut, Feb 26, 2009
  3. Joe A

Joe A

hi there, ive sorted the icons out. but not the background problem. but i have found out why it does it. if you look at the source folder, its will be something like user/xfce/backgrounds. the only images that stay after restart are in that folder. i think the problem will sort itself out if you can change the source folder to where you got the image from i.e pictures. or move the image you want to use as your background to user/xfce/backgrounds. however i cant seem to do either!.
    it wont let me set the source folder as pictures, and it wont let me open the xfce folder as is says something like " the programme nautilus is not running" or something along those lines!
    im not sure if im making sense here, but this is what i have figured out by having a poke about in the advance desktop settings list!
    ill have another look at it and ill let you know if i figure it out!

Joe A, Feb 26, 2009
  4. Joe A

Joe A

Joe A, Feb 26, 2009
Ask a Question