My Audio Driver causes frequent crashing

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by naeubu, May 24, 2016.

1. naeubu

naeubu

I have a very unique issue that I have not found a great solution to. From previous research, it appears my audio card is certainly an old model, but more importantly the only drivers I have found have a conflict with many programs, such as the Steam Updater. If my audio jack is enabled and steam updates at the same time, my computer crashes withing 10 seconds. However, if I disable my audio jack and then open steam, it updates and opens steam without a hitch, but I am then without audio until I re-enable it. It used to be that I had to restart each time I disabled or enabled my only audio device, but now I have a USB headset that can stay enabled while I open steam.

I have not found any good fixes for this other than my thrown together work around. If anyone has any insight as to what to do or where to look for more information, it would be greatly appreciated

My laptop is the ASUS G60JX from I think 2007. The audio card is from Realtek High Definition Audio, though there are 5 NVIDIA High Definition Audio devices listed as well that are a mystery to me. Attached are a couple of screenshots showing info about these devices.

Attached Files:

naeubu, May 24, 2016
Ask a Question