My Acer One wont start!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bam1416, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bam1416

bam1416

I have a Acer One ZG5 AOA-150-1483
    Windows XP

I will try to describe the problem as best as I can!

When I press the power button, the second light from left to right lights up for 2 seconds and the power button lights up for 4 seconds and then nothing...the fan wont turn on and the computer wont boot...I have read that people had problems with the BIOS but I cant do an upgrade because the computer dont do anything. I first thought that it was the charger because with the charger of another aspire one it turned on, I bought a new charger and it wont turn on...with or without the power supply does the same thing... CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!

bam1416, Nov 19, 2010
  2. bam1416

Guest Guest

Hi

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago where it would crash after a couple of mins from cold booting and seconds once the machine had warmed up. I can't remember where I found the info and I was reluctant to try it but it worked. Simply put all you do is turn the machine over and smack it firmly ( but not too hard ) where the exhaust vent is for the cpu fan. It seems that now and again the fan can get stuck at an angle so doesn't run. This will cause the machine to shut down to prevent damage to the cpu. The gentle but firm smack should re seat the fan. It did in my case and I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck Tom

Guest, Dec 3, 2010
  3. bam1416

gwynevans

There's a way to reflash the bios via a USB key even if it won't boot - you'll need to google it but it might be worth a try.

gwynevans, Dec 16, 2010
  4. bam1416

Achilles Koukas

Hi Soupdragon

Your sugetion was excelent I did shouck the and taped the Fan Area and boooom it started working as good as new, thank you, Achilles

Achilles Koukas, Feb 25, 2011
Ask a Question