My AAO is almost dead [FIXED]

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Burroughs, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Burroughs

Burroughs

Hi to everyone! I'm writing this post on my cell phone so please accept my apologies in case of typing errors. One month ago I bought an Acer Aspire One with Linpus inside. This means I have a magnetic disk instead of the SSD one. That's my problem: last Tuesday I turn my netbook on and notice the screen is black. No sign of life around. That said, I download the latest two versions of the BIOS (3304 and 3305), follow the guidelines provided by Macles in his blog and everything seems to be working fine. The AAO boots up again but the version number of the BIOS remains the same (3114). Further, when I enter KDE (same thing with XFCE as well), the desktop freezes after a few minutes and there's nothing else that can be done. When the netbook starts again can't even reach the gdm login screen so the only thing that I can do is format the hard drive back again. Is there anyone who can give me a helping hand? Thanks in advance. Burroughs.

Burroughs, Nov 4, 2008
  2. Burroughs

Burroughs

I suppose the freeze was caused by KDE: once the netbook was formatted and XFCE installed again, everything got back to its previous state.

Burroughs.

Burroughs, Dec 10, 2008
Ask a Question