My AA1 linpus has lost the webcam???

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nt_junki, Jun 17, 2010.

1. nt_junki

nt_junki

Please I need help, my AA1 linpus 8.9 has lost the webcam(driver setting I guess) it says there is no webcam(it has an official message but I cant remeber what it says) I dont know linpus well but I try'ed LSUSB and it shows that the webcam is not present. please I do not know what to do or try It seems that this has happened to a lot of people on the web but no one has a solution.

please help!!

Regards

nt_junki, Jun 17, 2010
  2. nt_junki

nt_junki

I cannot believe I am the only person who has come across this problem, and if so! all you linux guru's dont have any idears - come on peeps I need help any idears, thoughts anyone????????

nt_junki, Jun 21, 2010
  3. nt_junki

Swarvey Moderator

This has indeed been covered before in several threads. To such a point I might start merging them soon.

Most causes of this are the webcam itself burning out. Some people have tried reinstalling the firmware for the cam, but the only success I've read is where people have physically installed a new cam.

Use the search function and you'll find other posts regarding the webcam failing.

Swarvey, Jun 21, 2010
Ask a Question