My 722 Just Died

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by flyinlow1000, Nov 27, 2012.

1. flyinlow1000

flyinlow1000

Just surfin' Ebay my 722 just died.. Says ;
    Check cable connection!
    PXE-M0F: EXITING INTEL PXE ROM.
    No bootable device-- insert boot disc and press any key

I am not computer savy and this coputer came with no recovery disc or manual. It's only a few months old, buy I've lost my reciept. Any help on what this means and is there a way to recover from this.

flyinlow1000, Nov 27, 2012
  2. flyinlow1000

Nestone50

The most likely problem is your hard drive has gone tango uniform. Even if you lost the receipt, did you register the netbook with Acer when you turned it on for the first time? If you bought the netbook new it should still be under warranty.
    THe hard drive is the "bootable device" your netbook uses. As you don't have a built in DVD/CD drive, the only other bootable device the netbook is looking for is via a network. Most likely you don't have that as well. Not sure on your model how difficult it is to get to the hard drive. If it is behind an access panel you you could try and re-seat the the connecting cable. However, that is an unlikely cause and not worth the effort if reaching the hard drive requires a near total disassemble. If you broke something trying, that would certainly void the warranty. Best bet is to contact Acer and send it back to them for warranty repairs. They will want the serial number. I don't think they will ask you for a receipt.

Nestone50, Nov 28, 2012
  3. flyinlow1000

g3vbl

The AO722 is very accessible, requiring only the removal of a single screw to slide off the back of the machine.

g3vbl, Nov 29, 2012
Ask a Question