Music help needed, Kind of desperate!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by MattyVigilante, Oct 17, 2008.

1. MattyVigilante

MattyVigilante

Hi all,
    For some reason when i listen to music on my AAO with headphones (might also be without I cant remember though) I hear crackling sounds quite badly, anyone else had this problem? I'm listening with iTunes just to normal tracks. I have adjusted the volume as i tought i could be straining the speakers but it did nothing. I know it's not a multimedia machine but I would have thought I could handle standard mp3 / aac files...
    Any help or thoughts will be gratefully received!!

MattyVigilante, Oct 17, 2008
  2. MattyVigilante

goofball

have you tried updated drivers?
    Any issues with using the built-in speakers? Or is it just when using the headphone jack?

goofball, Oct 18, 2008
  3. MattyVigilante

MattyVigilante

It is both,
    it happaned again. Is it possible that it could be certain tracks? I copied an album belonging to my girlfriend and she said she was surprised it had worked as the CD kept skipping in her stereo.
    Im also appalingly bad with technical stuff and dont know where to find the drivers for updates :roll:
    If you could post a link i'd be very greatful.
    Cheers

MattyVigilante, Oct 18, 2008
  4. MattyVigilante

Kei

Kei, Oct 19, 2008
  5. MattyVigilante

MattyVigilante

I would be surprised if you are smarter than me because you seem to act like a child.
    This is a forum for discussion last time i checked. If you want to start an argument which im assuming you do, then can you at least do it in a place where your not wasting peoples time. I understand you probably "get off" on winding people up and being sarcastic but frankly it's quite pathetic and not everyones idea of a "great Saturday night".
    As I said in my previous post, i'm not very good with computers and I was asking for a little bit of help.
    Good day

oh... thanks for the link...

MattyVigilante, Oct 19, 2008
  6. MattyVigilante

gordon

To test if the track is the problem, just copy the mp3 file to a removable drive and play it on another computer or device.

gordon, Oct 19, 2008
  7. MattyVigilante

MattyVigilante

Ok i'll give it a go and see if thats the proble, cheers for your help

MattyVigilante, Oct 19, 2008
  8. MattyVigilante

goofball

goofball, Oct 19, 2008
  9. MattyVigilante

mathemabeat

I am having the same issue.

Can't really hear it unless you have headphones on. Popping sound every 10 seconds or so.

Updated audio drivers to the most recent and that didn't effect it at all.

Seems to be a hardware issue, so thats kinda disappointing.

edit: I seemed to have narrowed down my issue. It appears to be the way the drivers initialize the hardware. Example: With nothing generating audio, double click on a audio file. The moment it starts playing you will hear a click. If you let the music file keep playing all is well. But hit stop and wait about 5 seconds and you will hear another pop.

Its like when the driver call for audio, it turns it on with a light pop sound. When nothing is using audio, its turns it back off with another slight pop. But so long as something is using the audio hardware, no clicking or popping sound.

Anyone else experiencing this?

mathemabeat, Oct 21, 2008
  10. MattyVigilante

judeh101

great observation, I will contact realtek about this issue. I know realtek doesn't have good customer service, but oh well.

judeh101, Oct 21, 2008
  11. MattyVigilante

mathemabeat

Do you see similiar results under Vista? Can you test it to see if its the same?

Maybe a Bios update could resolve this issue.

mathemabeat, Oct 21, 2008
  12. MattyVigilante

judeh101

Yes, I have 100% complete same issue in vista like you guys are experiencing, I tried stopping, and after like a few seconds, pop!
    then during music playing, sometimes skips, or pops, loud! and annoying.
    I tried BIOS 3305, but that didn't solve the problem.
    I am pretty sure that the ALC 268 controller is not receiving enough current.

judeh101, Oct 21, 2008
  13. MattyVigilante

judeh101

I also notice another issue, under vista, if I use power saver, it would occur all the time, and if I used Balanced, it would have less of this effect, and still annoying, but High performance still has this issue, and no different to Balanced.

judeh101, Oct 21, 2008
  14. MattyVigilante

Kei

Well hey come on if you have FF you should know the basic's by now and yes i like to get my funny's from people like you every now and then clever you

Kei, Oct 27, 2008
  15. MattyVigilante

crcamc1973

any resolution to this issue???? music skips... xp... happens in wmp and winamp ....

crcamc1973, May 6, 2009
Ask a Question