Mtron SSD project

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Iikoo, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Iikoo

Iikoo

Hi there,

thought i might post some progress that i have made with my One 110L. No benchmarks yet, just some very happy real world results :D. I have tried Ubuntu 8.10, Windows XP SP3, Dell "mini" Vista (one cd) and Ron's tiny XP. All of them perform very well, it's like a totally new computer now. And yes, i had the SSD version so it makes the change even greater.

So the mods so far are:
    - MTron Mobi 3000 5mm ZIF SSD (Mtron says it's like 100mb/s in and out, dont know about that...)
    - Original SSD zif cable modded for MTron by cutting the end away and peeling plastic from the connectors using a sharp knife (yeah, looks a bit ghetto, but it works)
    - 1,5 gigs of memory
    - Heatsink mod using small memorychip sinks from dealextreme.com. Allso put some new silver compound between chips and the heatsink bottom, it originally had some kind of weird pads between them...

Next step is to mod a internal USB hub inside that i purchased using the free usb pins on the mobo.

So far i am extremely happy with results. The main thing i wanted was to make this thing ultra fast without any moving parts (fan stays off allmost all the time).
    Pics are here: http://picasaweb.google.fi/petteri.pohjoinen/AspireProjekti#

Iikoo, Jan 17, 2009
  2. Iikoo

GvidoR

How big is the SSD (GB's ?)
    Sounds pretty good but I chose the hard drive version... :D

GvidoR, Jan 17, 2009
  3. Iikoo

Iikoo

It's the 32Gb version.

HDD version was out of the question because the way i use my One: it gets thrown around a LOT :p. Don't think HDD would stand for it for a long...

Iikoo, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Iikoo

daymz

Have you had time to actual time the read and writes ? ATTO Benchmark works good on Windows.

daymz, Jan 19, 2009
  5. Iikoo

ca6

Interesting....have you done any measurements to see what difference this mod does?

ca6, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question