MSN not working with Messenger

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Krinor, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Krinor

Krinor

A lot of people are complaining about MSN not working with Messenger, myself included.
    I am under the impression that those who might know how to fix this probably don't check the posts in the Beginners section regularly, so I'm calling attention to the problem in this section, hoping for a solution.

The common error message seems to be: "Our protocol is not supported by the server".

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=820

I have tried to contact Acer support, but they told me that they did not have any support on the installed software. Very discouraging.

Krinor, Aug 6, 2008
  2. Krinor

DunklerProphet

i got the same yesterday, i solved it cause i just installed pidgin instead of the acer messenger. theres a howto (i don't have the time so search for it sorry, its somewhere under howtos)
    and with pidgin everything (also icq) worked fine

DunklerProphet, Aug 6, 2008
  3. Krinor

Krinor

Krinor, Aug 6, 2008
  4. Krinor

tonyroma27

I confirm the same problem: Im, aMsn, Pidgin, Mercury don't work with msn accounts. They work with googlechat or other accounts. I got the same problem installing kubuntu on aspire one. Who can help us?

tonyroma27, Aug 7, 2008
  5. Krinor

Beldar

Do a "Live Update" and MSN works!

Beldar, Aug 7, 2008
  6. Krinor

tonyroma27

I unistalled libpurple for pidguin and now I haven't Acer IM. Pidguin doesn't work properly with msn even id it works with other accounts (as googletalk). At moment aspire one has installed lippurble 2.4.x but Acer IM still doesn't work. How can I rescue the old libpurple and IM ?
    I got the liveupdate but I can try without IM.

tonyroma27, Aug 7, 2008
  7. Krinor

tonyroma27

I've reinstalled all the SO from rescue disk, after the live update AcerIM still continue to not to work. How is it possible? Does someone can help me? Thanks

tonyroma27, Aug 9, 2008
Ask a Question