msi x340

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Geozef, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Geozef

Geozef

I have this msi x340 a dead one, no sign of power coming from the unit even a single flash from led indicator. Does anyone can give me idea on how to repair this unit? I already checked the RAM, HDD and Power cord and supply they are all in good condition. I think this could be a circuit or chip problem

I hope you guys can help me with this, it would be much better if you'll post a solution together with images.

Thanks in advance & Godbless

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Geozef, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Geozef

something back

it is difficult to find this kind of problem, is the power unit working,it's the part that plugs into the mains supply.
    Is the jack plug faulty, that's the part in the computer , the socket you plug the cable into.

Here's a disassembly video

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    something back, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Geozef

Geozef

I've tested all regarding the power supplies it works properly. I already disassembled the unit and I noticed the cmos battery and socket is burned, I conclude that the bios has damaged or maybe some circuit in the board are totally cut off due to overheating. If theres anyone who encountered this problem I'm begging for the solution that they've used.

But anyway my deepest appreciation for your kind reply Sir. Thank you so much and more blessings to come =)

Geozef, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Geozef

ryanch94

If there's actual burn marks on the motherboard itself I don't think you'll get an easy fix. Your best option is probably to find a replacement motherboard on ebay or somewhere.

ryanch94, Jul 15, 2015
Ask a Question