MSI Wind and Aspire One Side-by-side Photos

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Verbl Kint, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint, Jul 15, 2008
  2. Verbl Kint

madmantm

nice thanks, they look cute.

madmantm, Jul 16, 2008
  3. Verbl Kint

Duke

The blue "One" looks so plastic but the white "One" looks so nice compared to the "Wind".

Duke, Jul 16, 2008
  4. Verbl Kint

Kev50027

Which do you prefer? I was going to get a Wind until I saw the One was available for under $400 in the US.

Kev50027, Jul 20, 2008
  5. Verbl Kint

lala

Hmm the first pic the screens dont look any diff i still wanna see what a website looks like on the one if someone can post one up since i dnt have one yet until the windows one comes out to me comparin the two i think the acer is more portable im not sayin the wind wont work greak right now besides the screen the only thing thats added to the wind is bluetooth but that aint a problem for the one u can add it it got the same wifi im hopin you can upgrade to wireless n with the one you all the one was missin was bluetooth built in other then that its a decent size laptop i dont really see a diffrence in the two other then size.....

lala, Jul 21, 2008
  6. Verbl Kint

Davidcowling

if i get the wind, im just gonna have a load of people asking me what an 'MSI' is!

im not one to conform to a brand, but in this case. the acer is just the 'one' to have

Davidcowling, Jul 25, 2008
  7. Verbl Kint

Wolfgang

On another forum people didn't want to go with the Wind since it's MSI and they've never used MSI before or heard of it. The Wond has a some advantages (screen and 2GB RAM, but the One is cheaper), but the darn things been delayed too many times.

Wolfgang, Jul 29, 2008
  8. Verbl Kint

Davidcowling

2gb of ram, yeh..

but this is a netbook, i think 1.5gb will be plenty!

Davidcowling, Aug 6, 2008
  9. Verbl Kint

rjm

I guess it mainly comes down to whether you think the Acer is "too small" or the Wind "too big", however there are a couple of additional small differences:

The Acer keyboard has the Fn key on the inside of the Ctrl, the Wind reverses the order. I've seen both before, but I never can get used to Fn on the outside. The Acer keyboard also has the arrow keys set down a little from the main keyboard, with, most critically, the pageup/home, pagedown/end keys just above. This is the way my X31 was configured, additionally with the two keys mapped to page back/forward for web browsing. It is an excellent layout choice. It also puts the right shift key in proper place directly under the enter key.

If you are going to have a wide bezel, as both netbooks choose to do, black is more attractive. Come to think of it the Wind would be nice in black. Overall the Wind is nicely designed, better looking than either the Eee 1000 or the Lenovo S10, the two 10" competitors right now.

I know its a small difference is size, but the Acer has the "awww cute" factor going for it that the Wind somehow doesn't.

rjm, Aug 7, 2008
  10. Verbl Kint

hmmwv

Having seen both machines in person, I'd say the size difference is more obvious in person than what the photos show. The Wind is not much heavier than the A1 but feels quite large. I think it's due to the 4:3ish chassis, the A1 is a lot skinner thus feels smaller.

hmmwv, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question