Mp3 playback freezes Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TheLordsServant, Nov 4, 2008.

1. TheLordsServant

TheLordsServant

I just took the plunge last night and bought a White Aspire One 1.6ghz/120GB/XP. I loaded up iTunes and installed all my music via a 160GB Simpletech Simpledrive external hard drive, and then attempted playback. Immediately upon clicking the first song, the computer froze. The music continued playing, and I could still move the mouse cursor, but I could not click on anything on the screen. The only way to solve it is to shut the computer down by holding the power button, and then restarting. After this happened, I loaded my music into Windows Media player 9, with the exact same result. I tried playing an MP3 file, and it instantly froze up, but I could still move my mouse cursor as before. Any idea what's going on here?

TheLordsServant, Nov 4, 2008
  2. TheLordsServant

TheLordsServant

Well, I did some tinkering and I discovered the "Launch Manager" appears to be the culprit. I was closing it to try and save RAM, but it appears when I close it, it freezes, but as long as it's open it does perfectly. On a side note, I should say that I really love my AAO, I'm incredibly happy with the performance, I'm even running Photoshop CS3 extended on it, and it runs really well. I honestly couldn't be more pleased with it.

TheLordsServant, Nov 4, 2008
  3. TheLordsServant

Mopeto

I get some lag in the sound playing mp3 with Winamp sometimes, not often... dunno know why.

Mopeto, Nov 7, 2008
  4. TheLordsServant

trepamuros

Avoid Winamp (as it's a resource hogger)- Try AIMP2 instead - no lag, no crashes, and freeware.

trepamuros, Nov 8, 2008
Ask a Question