Mousepad buttons not working

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ch33zer, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ch33zer

ch33zer

Hello everyone. I am having a strange problem. About a month ago the trackpad buttons (only the buttons, not the pad itself) on my AA1 (linux) stopped working. I couldn't click on the trackpad by tapping either. I had just migrated to the standard xfce desktop so I assumed I had screwed up a driver path or something like that. No big deal, so I reinstalled. Everything was working fine, until just a minute ago. I turn it on and get the same problem! So far, the only program that I have installed that may be causing the problem is the Acer/XFCE desktop switcher app. Obviously it is a software problem as it was working fin before, and it has just stopped on two separate occasions. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help

-ch33zer

ch33zer, Mar 21, 2009
  2. ch33zer

ch33zer

Sorry for the bump, but this is a pretty urgent problem, rendering the computer inoperable. To reiterate, the left click button doesn't work (neither the button nor trackpad clicking) after the machine has been on for a few minute, as best I can tell. Again, on AA1 A110, linux, and an almost fresh install.

ch33zer, Mar 30, 2009
  3. ch33zer

ch33zer

For anyone with this same problem (while googling I couldn't find any), your best bet is to send it in to acer for repairs. That is what I just did, and it will hopefully be resolved soon. Hope this helps.

ch33zer, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question