Mouse Too Big?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jonah_JJ, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Jonah_JJ

Jonah_JJ

I recently got this mouse to go along with my laptop and it was huge - I called it a "rat" rather than a mouse. It was a trackball. It didn't fit comfortably in my hand and the only reason I bought it is that it was on clearance (yeah - red flag). I couldn't left-click with my thumb easily. I had to hold it funny and it turned out to be just a waste of money.

I bought another one - kensington - and it's great. But I'm wondering if anyone else every got a mouse that just was too big?

Jonah_JJ, Mar 12, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Jonah_JJ

Corzhens

Pardon me but this is the first time I've heard of that "rat" you are ranting about (sorry for the pun). I am not comfortable with the track ball much more with the touch pad so I have a real mouse that is included in laptop's bag. Using the touch pad of my laptop gives me a hard time that usually breaks the train of my thought so I decided to just use the common mouse which is comfortable to my hand.

Corzhens, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Jonah_JJ

Jonah_JJ

I like a conventional mouse when the situation warrants it, but often times - especially with my laptop - I'm in a cramped space and can't moved my arm around as there is usually someone on their laptop right next to me (in a coffee shop or such). I also can't really use the touchpad as well. But this bigger mouse - it just really impeded my workflow and I was wondering if any other people ever had a mouse that was just so large that it was useless.

Jonah_JJ, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Jonah_JJ

IcyBC

I have never heard of a rat mouse before, and it makes me laugh. I am sorry that you've wasted your money on the clearance rack, but I also understand why we did what we did and we will learn a lesson from it. Not all cheap price is cheap, isn't it? I made mistake like this before.

IcyBC, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Jonah_JJ

SirJoe

Sales can be good but they also can really be a pain. Sometimes you buy things that are on sale because of the low price but end up not using it, that's how come I will see what is on full price and wait for it to go one sale, and I won't buy things that are on sale just because they are on sale.

SirJoe, Mar 18, 2016
  6. Jonah_JJ

djtech

I used to use bigger mice in college. But, never once that was so big that it wouldn't fit under my palm.

djtech, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Jonah_JJ

vinaya

These days I don't use a mouse on my laptop, however, couple of years ago when I used a mouse, it easily fit on my palm. I have never used a mouse that big.

vinaya, Mar 19, 2016
  8. Jonah_JJ

Dilof

I always get small mouses so I can do a claw grip manuever. Generally I never go for mouses that I know will be way too big; I game a lot so small mouses imo are better.

Dilof, Mar 19, 2016
  9. Jonah_JJ

Personablue

I always prefer a smaller mouse so that I can grab it completely. It is easier to hold and play games. Though I never heard of the so called rat mouse :p

Personablue, Mar 20, 2016
  10. Jonah_JJ

djtech

Lol! Yeah that was a nice new name for a big mouse. A 'rat'.

If you have Carpel tunnel syndrome, I bet a bigger mouse will help ease any further problems because you will be able to rest your whole palm on it. But, I don't know too many manufacturers who are creating such mice.

djtech, Mar 20, 2016
  11. Jonah_JJ

obliviousme

A rat mouse? I don't know but i find that funny. I've never heard of one before. Anyways, i prefer my mouse something small.

obliviousme, Apr 30, 2016
Ask a Question