Mouse Pad Ribbon Cable

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by rfcolemanxxx, May 2, 2009.

1. rfcolemanxxx

rfcolemanxxx

During an installation of a new memory chip, the ribbon cable for the mouse pad got severed. Does anyone know where I can get a new ribbon cable or a used working one?

rfcolemanxxx, May 2, 2009
  2. rfcolemanxxx

garrettp

uhhg, my mouse pad just lost left click and tap functions :(. I hope that it is just a loose connection and not a broken ribbon cable :(. I checked the connection under the keyboard and it is fine.

If I find a source I will post it here too.

garrettp, May 3, 2009
  3. rfcolemanxxx

rfcolemanxxx

Thanks, I ran ito a guy at KFC last night, and he works for CDW, he heard me talking about the issue with the ribbon cable, he gave me his card and said if CDW does not have it then no one carrys it, so I am waiting for Monday to call him. I'll post what I find out.

rfcolemanxxx, May 3, 2009
  4. rfcolemanxxx

garrettp

Cool, I e-mailed a guy on ebay that has some cables listed but none for the AA1. I asked if he has any so we will see when he answers back.

garrettp, May 3, 2009
  5. rfcolemanxxx

rfcolemanxxx

Well I finally found a ribbon cable for the Touchpad, the problem is you have to buy the whole Upper cover, which has the mousepad on it. The part # to search on is 60.S0307.001, when you get a response back from Google, look through for the color of A150 you have. Yhere are several to choose from and they range from @25 to $35 dollors plus shipping.

Good Luck, mine was just shipped out of CA!

rfcolemanxxx, May 4, 2009
  6. rfcolemanxxx

garrettp

I never received a reply from the guy on eBay.

However, I took my cover off and the cable was kind of pushed up. I pushed it back in my the touch pad and put everything back together and it works now :)

From the factory the cable has a mega kink in it. I flattened that kink out also (which is not a great idea since it can brak the wire inside the ribbon).

Good luck with yours,
    g

garrettp, May 6, 2009
Ask a Question