Mouse and Trackpad Issue

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by posiimage, Mar 28, 2016.

1. posiimage

posiimage

My son has an Acer laptop. For some reason both the mouse and trackpad keeps becoming disenabled. I have to use the ALT key and arrows to go to computer settings and enable them again. It's very frustrating.

posiimage, Mar 28, 2016
  2. posiimage

Corzhens

Obviously your laptop has a technical problem. I don't think it is the operating system because you can resolve it by pressing the ALT key. If I were you, I would have your son's laptop checked by the tech because it is irritating to use a laptop with an idiosyncrasy like that. Our home computer is also exhibiting a problem with the wireless keyboard that sometimes it echoes what you type. But the solution is to unplug and re-plug the USB transceiver.

Corzhens, Mar 29, 2016
  3. posiimage

spence88

Yeah, that is a very common issue, however, it's very hard to know or trace the root of the problem. Could be your laptop or could be your mouse, or even your drivers. I had that problem before. I can suggest a few fixes for you to try.
    1.) Install or update your mouse drivers.
    2.) Use another mouse. If the problem persists, then obviously it's not a mouse problem.
    3.) This link

spence88, Mar 29, 2016
  4. posiimage

Krissttina Isobe

I have had a problem with my netbook borrow from the library when I plugged in my mouse. It would work for a little while like 3 min. then stop working making the page just get highlighted! Very irritating indeed! I went to the controls and tried to fix it that way to no solution presented itself and the mouse just won't work. I dislike the touchpad and rather use my mouse,, but can't! I gave up and use the touchpad.

Krissttina Isobe, Apr 25, 2016
Ask a Question