Motherboard manual for Acer Aspire 4050E desktop

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dss_cottage, Jan 16, 2010.

1. dss_cottage

dss_cottage

Does anyone know where I can find a motherboard manual for an ACER AM1201 4050E DESKTOP. The Motherboard is an Acer RS740DVF.

I've checked with Acer support and they tell me that they don't have one (?????).

dss_cottage, Jan 16, 2010
  2. dss_cottage

Swarvey Moderator

First of all, this is a Forum for Acer's line of Netbook's known as the Aspire One series. So your request for help will more than likely go un-heard.

Secondly, Acer, as with a lot of other computer manufacturers such as "Heap of Piss" HP, Dell, "Comcrap" Compaq etc etc will use Proprietary motherboards. Not like in a computer you build / have built that has say an MSI, Gigabyte or Asus motherboard in it. As such, manuals for the propretary format computers are nearly impossible to find.

Your best bet is doing a Google search for the motherboard model, and see if anyone, anywhere has any information as to what possible motherboard it could be, then use the Vendors website to obtain the appropriate manual.

Sometimes you will find that companies like Acer simply use, for example, an MSI motherboard, and re-badge it.

I previously (and never again) owned an Acer desktop PC, I had to Google the motherboard model to find out what it was, alongside running hardware ID to find out what hardware was in it. At the end of the day, Acer tech support asked me to email them my findings to they could direct other people to the appropriate driver updates in the future. I say this because the computer I used as a Dual Core Athlon rig, that was x64 compatible, but Acer never supported Windows x64 therefor never released drivers for it. I had to search and find the information so I could obtain drivers from the original Vendors website.

Swarvey, Feb 3, 2010
  3. dss_cottage

dss_cottage

Thanks Swarvy,

I know what you are saying. I had previously done exactly what you suggest and came up empty. I have posted my request in as many "closely related" forums as possible in the hope that someone who has a similar system has and can send me a copy of the manual.

BTW, The Acer M1201 is performing really well. I like it!

dss_cottage, Feb 5, 2010
  4. dss_cottage

Swarvey Moderator

I've just done some googling myself. It seems that the "4050E" part of your model number more closely matches the CPU for a part number.

Have you taken the side panel off the case and looked at the actual motherboard for markings? You will find a model number printed in white somewhere near either the CPU socket, or the outer-edge of the motherboard.

Something tells me that you should be looking for a different model number than the one you're working with.

Swarvey, Feb 5, 2010
Ask a Question