Most current Bios/Drivers updates on Acer website

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tarheel72, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Tarheel72

Tarheel72

Are these the most current updates available for the US version of the Acer Aspire One and is it safe to install all of these on a new Aspire One/XP machine? These are posted on the Acer support webiste:

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/ ... 94#results

I notice two drivers for the webcam. One is labeled SUYIN and one LiteOn. Are they both needed or are they specific to certain models of camera/software? How do you find out which one you have/need, if only one is appropriate? Thanks.

Tarheel72, Dec 8, 2008
  2. Tarheel72

Forone

I'm usually pretty good about upgrading, but have had no problems with BIOS 3301 as shipped and found far too many, almost weekly, BIOS revisions coming continuously - so I'm waiting for the final BIOS unless/until I have a problem. (Also a tick-off that Acer can't figure out how to provide a simple Windows install for BIOS - just flashed my year-old Dell through Windows and it was a snap.) I installed updated video and audio drivers that appeared as optional in Microsoft's Windows Update, but nothing from the Acer site.

Forone, Dec 9, 2008
  3. Tarheel72

Xenophon

This site doesn't seem to be up to date. It shows BIOS 3304 as latest yet mine came pre-installed with 3305.

Is there another more up to date site?

Xenophon, Dec 10, 2008
Ask a Question