Monodevelop - having trouble installing

Discussion in 'Linux' started by z6joker9, Aug 29, 2008.

1. z6joker9

z6joker9

Hello everyone! I recently picked up a 8GB/512MB One since the price drop made it too desirable. I'm quite new to Linux, but my experience with technology in general is fairly high.

I'm hoping to do some VB and C# programming on this thing for some classes I'm currently taking. The classes use Visual Studio 05, and from my research, Monodevelop should fit my needs. However, I was unable to install it through the Add/Remove programs method because of a conflict.

Can anyone help me install this program, or give me an alternative? Something that handles C++ Java, etc as well would be an added bonus. Worst case senario is that I set up a dual boot and run visual studio from XP (I have a stick of RAM and a 16GB SD card on its way), but I'd love to keep it light and easy (coding, email, web, and office apps are all I really need this thing to do).

Thanks in advance!

z6joker9, Aug 29, 2008
  2. z6joker9

z6joker9

Woohoo, I got it installed with the help of macles*, by adapting some instructions he left for the installation of another program.

You have have to install yum-utils first.

After you run all of this, you will be able to install Monodevelop (and many other things that were having a conflict when installing!

z6joker9, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question