Monitor wont display anything - HELP

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by .Alt, Nov 14, 2009.

1. .Alt

.Alt

Two days ago, I got my new computer through delivery. As usual, i opened up the packaging and read some information. I started to wire it all up.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor. 4Gb RAM. 750Gb hard drive. 20in TFT monitor. DVD RW drive. NVidia G210 (512Mb) graphics. Multimedia card reader. Multimedia keyboard and mouse. Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium.

I booted up the PC and monitor but the monitor just said no signal. In the packaging, there were two cables. A blue one (smaller) and a white one (wider). both different sizes/shape but only the white one would fit in the back of my computer. There was also a little box on the back of my computer that said do not open. I opened it because I knew it was where I plugged in the blue wire.

So I disconnected the white wire from the monitor and the monitor said "no cable connected". I connected the blue one to the monitor and computer.

Again, no signal. So i tried putting both wires in at the same time. No signal.

I am very confused on why it wont send any display information to my monitor.

Edit: I tried to connect the monitor to my other computer and the monitor worked fine. it must be my computer.

Any ideas?

.Alt, Nov 14, 2009
  2. .Alt

Scissors

Usually modern monitors have an auto detect feature but yours might be different.

Have you tried changing the source of input?

Scissors, Nov 18, 2009
  3. .Alt

TechMark

does it have an external video card? Are you plugging the monitor cable into that instead of straight into the motherboard?

TechMark, Nov 19, 2009
Ask a Question